Saturday, April 7, 2012

Great Blue Heron

After the botanical garden and it's outdoor gardens, I decide to walk down to the Smithsonian. As I'm leaving the National Garden, a Great Blue Heron swoops overhead then lands on the roof of the National Museum of the American Indian.
National Museum of the American Indian 

Museum plus heron.

I took the above picture from across the street. I was hoping to get closer before the heron flew away. Alas, I didn't make it before the heron took off... but he didn't go far. In fact, he flew down into a pond in front of the building. I spent a good half hour watching the heron stalk and eat some fish. Needless to say, I didn't get down to the Smithsonian, but this was so much better.




One of my favorite pics from the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment